Hey loves! Guess what? I am going to participate in this fun ‘The Out Of My Comfort Zone Book Tag’! Truthfully, I was tagged by the sweet Shaz. Thank you for the tag love! This tag is originally created by emmabooks on YouTube. You should check their sites because they are amazing. You’ll love them! The only one rule for this tag is:
You have to pick ONE GENRE that you frequently read about… and then, you can’t use ANY books from that genre while answering the questions!
Honestly, I don’t trust myself I can answer all of the questions given. My first serious reads start with a mystery book and it kinda goes on until today. That makes 90% of my reads filled with mystery series. Let’s see how far I can go.
1. A Book That Is An Exception When It Comes To Genres Or Elements You Don’t Typically Like
Maybe Pride and Prejudice? I love classic but I am not really into romance genre. I rarely read romance and I find it hard to love the book since the flow is quite predictable. Pride and Prejudice is an exception though. It’s just so sweet and innocent.
2. A Book You Enjoyed From A Genre You Previously Held Some Stigma Against
The Nightingale. This book is a masterpiece. You can imagine how I pull off my face when I heard historical fiction. I am not really fond into historical series but this book blow my mind away. I didn’t expect it to be so good and it goes way beyond my expectations.
3. A Book You Didn’t Know Was Out Of Your Comfort Zone Until You Started Reading It
Honestly, I spent days to answer this question. I don’t have any specific genre for this but I have a book in my mind. Kaleidoscope. I don’t even know how to explain this. There’s just too many misfortune happened in the book and I am not really into the romance. I kind of feel disturbed with the unfortunate events although this book was actually good.
4. Pick A Friend Who Motivates You To Pick Up Books You Might Not Normally Be Interested In – Is There A Book They Convinced You To Give A Try?
Instead of friends, I have aunties who love to read. They recommend me Black Beauty. I was probably still in grade school at that time and had no idea this book is a wonderful classic piece. Black Beauty is my first classic book ever and I love it.
5. A Book That Is Out of Your Comfort Zone, But You Would Like to Read
The Light We Lost. I have seen this book literally everywhere on the web and I would love to give it a try.
6. A Book/Genre So Outside Of Your Comfort Zone That You’ll Probably Never Give It A Chance
Definitely erotica. I am not compatible with romance so I don’t think erotica will do any better.
I invite the rest of you to join this tag! You’ll have fun!
Hope you enjoy this post!
Author : Celine